Thursday, December 10, 2009

Do you think a 3 year old boy will sit through a movie at a theater?

I want to take my kids to see Horton hears a who. My daughter is 6 and she has went to the theaters before, so I know she'll be fine.



My son will be 3 next month and I'm not sure how he will do. He watches movies at home, but doesn't usually sit through the whole thing. He gets up at times to play with other toys, but then comes back to the movie sometimes.



Has anyone else taken their children to the movies this young? Do you think the atmosphere, big screen, and a bucket of popcorn will occupy him for that time?



Do you think a 3 year old boy will sit through a movie at a theater?opera ticket



My 2 1/2 yo would NEVER be able to sit throught that. Some theaters have "Cry baby" matinees you can take kids to at a lesser charge.



Do you think a 3 year old boy will sit through a movie at a theater?pacific theater opera theater



I have taken my kids at that age. I have had both great, and not so great experiences. If you can, go to a matinee during the week. There won't be as many people there.
Depends on the movie and the child.



My three year old has sat through movies. Cartoons only!! Anything else and she looses interest pretty quick.
I've been to movies where people's children have ruined it for everyone else. Do everyone, including your daughter, a favor and get a babysitter and leave him home.
I was just talking to my husband about taking our 3 year old to see this movie last night! I think it depends on the 3 year old-Ours has a good attention span, and when I let him, will sit and watch a full length movie. And I don't think ours would be scared and would enjoy the atmosphere. Now, I have a few friends that have little boys who are the same age and they should NOT be taken to the theatre. i guess it just depends on his attention span, which you said yours can't sit threw a whole movie at home, and will leave then come back to watch it. At the theater, he can't do that, and might get upset if he can't run around when he gets bored with the idea. I might hold off until he can sit a whole movie, as it would be a waste of your money.
I take drinks, snacks, small quiet toys in the theater. I also make sure that I go on a day and time that it is not packed. If you go to a matin茅e during the week it is virtually empty. Then you will not disturb a lot of people. It is a kids movie, so people will tolerate a little noise.
I wouldn't chance it. I found that kids start being able to sit though a movie at around 5.
i've been to the movies with my cousin who was 3 at that time. we watched 'night at the museum', it wasn exactly a kids show but it was funny n we thought he might be able to sit through it. he did watch it but got a little bored about half an hour into the show n kept talking until he fell asleep . but since u'll be watching 'Horton hears a who'...which is a kid's film, i think he might be alright. although i think u shd be prepared in case he decides to get up in the middle of the show. my suggestion : bring along a couple of toys to keep him occupied so the both of u wont have to leave your seats in the middle of the movie.
We have taken our children to the show and had no problem with this,good luck
Yes I did. It was kind a hard. I took them to that movie Friday afternoon. I went with my mother and them. My 2 year old had to go to the bathroom maybe about 4 times. I took her. At home she is the same way. She likes the movie a lot. But she really didn't watch it so much so I don't know how she could. LOL. I would just leave him home with dad or gramma. It would be easier. I think just next time, I will get her food and a slush . Just try and please him so that he will enjoy it.
if you can find a show that will remotely interest him and get his attention.
Try it, but to be safe bring a gameboy or a coloring book or something that he can use if he gets bored. Maybe buy him his own little box of popcorn and candy.
i took my little boy at 3 and vowed i would never do it again the first 10 mins fine the next five mins so embarassing he got up and ran infront of the screen and was very loud so we lasted 15 mins in the cinemas
Totally depends on the kid. Does he sit through a movie at home? Or even a TV show? If so, he'll likely be fine.
Some children that age can sit through some movies. With my youngest (just under 3), there's no way that he'd sit through a movie unless it had one of a few themes, and none are cartoons! But, when my oldest was 3, he had no problem sitting through any movie as long as someone was sitting there with him.



If he doesn't make it through the entire movie at home, just assume that he won't in a theatre. There will be just as many, if not more, distractions in a theatre in the form of other children. And, popcorn only lasts so long before it's either gone or on the floor. Plus, it's not very fun to walk a small child to the bathroom in complete darkness...
we've been taking our 3 year old granddaughter for quite some time - she has to go to the bathroom three or four times, she LOVES the popcorn and she LOVES the movie but it's tough for her to sit that long. the only problem you will have is making your 6 year old go with you to go to the bathroom -if Dad is along that will help - then your 6 year old can stay and enjoy the movie and one can take your son to where he needs to go when he needs to move around a bit.



Oh - and we always sit in the back row so as not to bother the other patrons!
oh yes i do i take my son to the movies all the time hes three now but i started taking him when he was two and he did just fine just buy him some of those gummy fishes they sale and he should be good!!
my three year old would not sit through a whole movie - it will depend on your child. you already said that at home he wont so i would bet he wouldnt at the thearter either...that you are stuck leaving a 6 year old alone while you chase after your little one...wait till he's closer to 4
I doubt he'll sit through it, he might get bored. Take an empty bottle in your coat (to sneak it in) and fill it with some water so that he can have a drink if he wants one.
yes if he likes tv take him to a cortoon during the day

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery