Saturday, December 5, 2009

In all the years going to the theater, what movie have you seen that has made an impression on you?

Enough to buy it and see it over and over. For example, I went to see International Velvet, when I was 16. Loved the movie enough to get it in VHS. I only wish they have it in DVD. This movie is a sequel of National Velvet starting Elizabeth Taylor when she was 15 yrs old. I have the first one, just hoping that some one gives the 2nd one a change on DVD.



In all the years going to the theater, what movie have you seen that has made an impression on you?met opera



Jurassic Park. I saw it opening day when I was 12. I waited in line to get tickets and saw it in one of the first digital theaters in the country. The sound blew me away, but to twelve-year-old eyes, the sheer scope of action and the imagination on screen grabbed me from minute one. I ended up watching it 12 times in the theater, grabbing more and more each time. I was so obsessed with how they did it, how they made that world so real, that I read movie-making books voraciously, and decided then and there that I wanted to become a filmmaker.



Fourteen years later I still get chills at our first look at the brachiosaur when the music swells. The excitement doesn't grab me anymore as I've become desensitized from watching it too often, but I still have to thank Jurassic Park for my obsession with film. It's not my favorite movie. It's the not the best movie. But, it's the one that started me in the right direction.



In all the years going to the theater, what movie have you seen that has made an impression on you?movie theatre opera theater



Clockwork Orange - Stanley Kubrick and Close Encounters of the 3rd kind - S Spielberg.
War documentaries.
I saw "Lost in Translation" the other night and I don't know how it left such a great impression on me. It really had me thinking about the direction I'm going in my life. It was a true work of art.
The Little Mermaid fills the bill for me like that.



i even bought a laserdisk and I don;t even have a player!
Titanic
I love the movie "Shakespeare in love" and Ill bet ive seen it a hundred times. I reread Romeo and Juliet after watching it and I just love the acting in it. And its really funny at parts.
Star Wars



Raiders of the Lost Ark



American Beauty



The Matrix



Saving Private Ryan



Rocky
The Warriors
Wow, probably shaun of the dead.



I love zombie movies and the movie has allot of good laughs.



That and pulp fiction, but your not cool unless you have a copy of pulp fiction some where in your house.
The Godfather. Goodfellas. Goldfinger. Jaws. The Sound of Music. Casablanca(saw it on the big screen in the 1970s).



Gone With the Wind(big screen 1970s).
Christopher Walken and Sean Penn in "At Close Range". Based on a true story. Its a very good, but disturbing movie. Nobody plays an evil man as good as Walken!
For me it was the classic films "Singing in the Rain" and "Gone With the Wind". Both incredible stories but for different reasons.
Maximum overdrive



Survivor



Texas Chainsaw Massace The Beginning



Halloween Resurrection



Scary Movie 3



Scary Movie 4



King Kong



Carrie



Friday The 13th



Friday The 13th part VIII



Jason X



Freddy VS Jason



The Ring



The Ring 2



Family Guy All Volumes (Except Volume 2)



Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 3 and 4



Fat Albert



A Few Dollars More



Spider Man



Spider Man 2



Childs Play



Childs Play 2



Childs Play 3



Batman Begins



Batman Returns



Batman



Superman Returns



All Saw movies



Little Man



Hulk



Jack Frost



And that's all of my movies, bye.
Saving Private Ryan



I remember being in the theatre and seeing men sobbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery