Thursday, December 10, 2009

What was your worse acting experience (theater, movie or tv)?

Did you get a chance to work with someone a little famous and how well treated were you?



What was your worse acting experience (theater, movie or tv)?performing art center



Worst:



I was doing a show called Greater Tuna (freakin' hilarious, BTW), and one of my characters, Elmer Watkins, was a prototypical Vietnam vet paranoid Redneck type. This was at a College.



One Matinee, the Offensive Line of the football team ( all black, and not a one of them under 6'4" and 260#) was sitting in the front row of the Black Box theatre (they were required to be there by the Coach). Another character of mine, The Reverend Spikes, had amused them greatly with his "Testify, Brother!" speechifying earlier, so I thought everything was cool.



Until Elmer Watkins walked on towards the end of Act II wearing his white robe and carrying his hood...................



Best:



I once did a Master Class with the legendary John Raitt.He took the time to actually coach me, ME, an arrogant Nobody, on the finer points of Musical Theatre. If Oscar Hammerstein III or Cole Porter had done so (not possible, btw, as both were long dead), I could not have been more impressed. John told me that he would perform his famous "Monologue" from Carosel until the day he died.



He was off by two days, as it turned out.



John was a master showman and a terrific teacher who gave me invaluable tips.



You are most likely young, and thinking "Who the hell was John Raitt?" You may represent the future of Theatre, or you may just be asking a question because you are bored on a Wednesday night. Theatre has a rich history, and John Raitt was King during its Golden Age.



Google John Raitt. He was a bit more than a little famous.



What was your worse acting experience (theater, movie or tv)?theatre tickets opera theater



Last minute I was cast in a lead, 2 freakin days to learn my part. It was just a one act. I learned the lines then promptly forgot each one when I hit the stage, well I improvised the whole darn thing and even though it bombed, I had the audience rolling in the aisles! I was beet red and hot the entire time, it was fun making everyone laugh but embarassing too! There are more but that is good enough...
I had a scene for my first acting class in high school, and the kid I was planning to perform with decided to try a few stunts.. We were doing the scene from the Crucible, at the end, when Elizabeth is talking to John.. and he is deciding whether to confess or not.. Well first of all the day of our scene he didn't show up.. then he missed class.. FOR A WEEK... (he was a jerkoff) and when he came back we had to perform.. and guess what?!?!? he brought captain morgan to school to drink.. he performed buzzed.. changed his lines.. asked me very odd questions.. and then was doing a little monologue towards the audience, and fell off the stage in the pit.. when he came back up, he grabbed me, and twirled me.. and then grabbed me face with his hands.. and it left longe scratches on my face for like 4 days.. it was awful... although I look back now.. and laugh!
Oh God, I was in this one play, everything was going great! Until the show started... during the course of the show we had



3 People fall down the steps (Four if you count me falling down twice)



1 Broken leg



1 sprained ankle



1 person get hit in the face



1 charcter having to be taken to the hospital at intermission and her understudy put in the show in her place.



1 guy nearly breaking his fingers



And I think that's all...there is probably more, want to hear the funny part? We were doing The Little Princess, there isn't any stunts in that play. (Except for the girl that played the monkey, but nothing happened to her)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery