Thursday, December 10, 2009

How much did seeing a movie at a theater cost when you were a kid?

During the 1970s, I remember paying 49 cents for a double feature. That's right... two movies. And these were current releases. Between the movies, the theaters would show a short... like a black-and-white 3 Stooges, or a Disney animation. As far as refreshments go... with 3 or 4 dollars you get have a feast.. hot dog, popcorn, a drink and more candy than you can eat.



How much did seeing a movie at a theater cost when you were a kid?sheet music



$1 to get in and about $5 for snacks.



How much did seeing a movie at a theater cost when you were a kid?state theatre opera theater



I was actually very lucky in that way, my father ran a theatre from the time I was born until I was about 15 and everything was free for me AND the friend that happened to go with me!!!
20 cents 2 movies sat or sun matinees
$2.00 for evening shows, $1.00 for matinees, and 50 cents for second-runs - Drive-Ins were $2.00 for everybody in the car



(Grandpa, what's a drive-in?)
im still a kid and i live in the Uk but i will answer the question anyway. Costs 锟? to go to the cinema.
Cost me $1 to get in to the movie plus a large soda and a small popcorn. That was 2 hours worth of babysitting money though.
There was the $3 double feature at the Star Theater in Oceanside, CA from some time before 1990 until about 1994 or so.
I didn't start paying for myself until I was a teenager in the 80's - it was $1.50 for matinees, and $3.50 or $4.00 for evenings. Drive-ins were great - maybe $2.00 or $3.00 per person for three movies back-to-back, and you can load up your car with all the people, food, drink (alcohol), etc. you want!
I remember that when 2001 came out it was $2 a person!



But I do remember in 1961 that my brothers and I could get in for about $1
When I was a kid back in the 70's, kids could see a matinee for around $2 for first-run movies and $1 for 2nd-run movies. And we sometimes still had movie shorts. And you could still get different sized buckets of popcorn. And sodas were still pretty cheap.
Iam Still A Kid But I Really Wised I HadLived in the fifties up... It sounds interesting..except wars %26gt;:[



Now its 10$ here for 1 movie and 15 for snacks..



greedy people..
I grew up in California and first-run movies in the late 1970s and early 1980s were $4.50 for evening shows; I think matinees were $2.50. I remember buying red licorice (the kind in the box) for $1.00.
I'm still a kid and it cost $5 for movies until 5:00 and after that it is $7 to get into movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
can dogs eat celery